American Fire Protection Group is growing! Because of this growth we are seeking to add an ambitious Alarm and Detection Technician to our team in Jackson, TN. The Alarm and Detection Technician is primarily responsible for the installation, repair, troubleshooting, and programming of fire alarms and other low voltage systems in commercial, industrial, health care, and other facilities. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone seeking opportunities for growth and advancement with an industry-leading company, and who thrives in a hands-on position requiring electrical aptitude.
- Genuinely enjoy working in a TEAM environment
- Like learning new technology and system software programming
- Seek to develop detail-oriented solutions in your work
- Have a talent for effectively and respectfully communicating with others
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Ambition and energy to be a top performer.
- Being eager to learn and initiating steps to enhance knowledge and understanding of your work.
- A steadfast commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
- A good work ethic that keeps you striving for excellence on all levels.
- Maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Obtaining appropriate local and National Fire/Security Industry certifications and licenses.
- Developing an understanding of AFPG’s culture – how we do things and why.
- Building caring and enduring relationships with your team and your customers.
- Mastering the tasks of your job.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire alarm and life safety system industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a 401(K) with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and tuition reimbursements.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer. We provide software to our salespeople that helps prospect new customers, manage existing relationships, and provide our TEAM every opportunity to WIN.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.